photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Riding the healthy train

Hello, Megan here! 

I'm writing this blog post as a reminder to myself on how good I'm feeling at the moment. I plan to refer to it when I inevitability fall off this healthy train that I'm currently a front row passenger on.

I'm feeling energetic, my skin is clearer than ever, I've lost all of the baby weight and then some, I'm enjoying going to pilates and boot camp (WTF who am I?!) and my healthy eating is staying on track. 

My healthy eating is going so well that I'm actually enjoying eating well and I don't even feel like I'm missing out. For me, the key to staying on track is being organised so that I'm not reaching for the junk food. Things like roast veggies, cooked quinoa, nuts/seeds and lots of greens for throwing together yummy salads. As well as frozen bananas and other goodies for smoothies and some form of raw treat or slice at-the-ready for my sweet tooth.

When I start to feel good, I'm spurred on and I'm more and more motivated to continue exercising and eat well.

I'm not really following any rules, I just try to get moving everyday or at least a few times per week. Humidity, rain or a grumpy baby can throw a spanner in the works!

I've pretty much completely cut out sugar, wheat and more recently dairy. I've just found that my body is happier without those things. Plus I've recently read some articles on how the dairy industry operates so giving up diary has been an ethical choice for me too. *Did you know that baby cows are taken off their mum once their born before they even have their first feed so that all of the mum's milk is saved for us humans!

Homemade popcorn with a drizzle of coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt is usually enough to save me reaching for the chips, chocolates or ice cream. All in all, I just try to eat real food - nothing from a packet disguised as food.

So with the festive season upon us I know it's going to really test me but I'll just have to do the best I can and remember I'm setting a good example for Tilly - who is known for stealing kale off my plate!!! She's also a huge cucumber fan! I hope she keeps that up but I'm sure she'll be a fusser toddler soon enough.

1/4 cup kernels, brown paper bag, 1-2mins in microwave

Harry wants my popcorn too!

Delicious salad! Not sure why Tilly's penguin is in this pic....

Cacao and peanut butter smoothie bowl topped with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment