photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Tuesday 25 November 2014

A chaotic enterprise. Part One

For a while now, I've been toying with the idea of embarking on a project. Part DIY, part business venture, but mostly a project that I want to work on and feel purposeful. Time, as always, is usually the biggest barrier to achieving such projects. Recently though, I've decided to make time my friend and not an enemy I'm constantly battling against.

So I bought a vintage caravan.

Random huh? Not really, because I've been on the hunt for ages, got lucky and found one! (Funny story: on the long drive home from city to country, Max and I stopped at a caravan/ transportable homes/ salvage yard in the middle of the highway, just for a mosey. Sure enough, there was a beautiful 70s Franklin caravan perched happily in the middle of the lot. Being a Sunday, the yard was closed but I rang the number just in case. Turned out the owner, John, was on site and let us in. Got to chatting, asked about the caravan and was told that he was only a caretaker and what did I want it for? Explained my ideas which John didn't think were too crazy, having had similar businesses. Next thing, he's on the phone to the owner and YES he was willing to sell. Bought it on the spot. Got along with John so well, ended up spending several hours with him, met his family and discovered that he is an uncle of two of my beautiful friends. It was meant to be).

Destiny comes in a Franklin caravan
Like with most large scale projects, a solid plan is an excellent foundation for success. But I'm not much of a planner and tend to wing it, hoping for the best. It took two months to get the damn thing home. Two major issues: 1. Owner clearing caravan of possessions. 2. I don't own a car with a towbar that can tow a 500kg caravan. By this I mean, I have a car with a towbar that shouldn't tow a 500kg caravan. But I got desperate and did it anyway. Needless to say, that is a story in itself and will be saved for another post.
A sneak peak - the destruction beginning

So that's the start of what will be a long and prosperous *buzzword* journey.

Stayed tuned for more adventures in caravan renovations (including what I actually plan to do with this caravan). Would love to hear your DIY/ renovation stories! Also, any tips you want to throw my way - I'm accepting advice.

Much love
Elouise x

No comments:

Post a Comment